IMI members commit to ethical working practices by signing the IMI's Code of Conduct. You will be required to accept the Code of Conduct as a condition of membership to the IMI.
If it is felt that a member of the IMI has breached any part of the Code of Conduct and you wish to lodge an official complaint, please view the complaints procedure (linked to the right of this page).
IMI Code of Conduct
- Accept the Code of Conduct as a condition of membership of the Institute of the Motor Industry
- Uphold the standing of the profession and the Institute and conduct themselves in such a manner as to not bring the profession or the institute into disrepute
- At all times be strictly professional in their approach to the public, business colleagues and all those whom they meet in their day-to-day business activities
- Maintain professional competence and skills in respect of all developments and legislation applicable to this profession
- Perform their duties and observe their responsibilities to their employers, staff and the public with integrity, courtesy and consideration
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure that work undertaken by staff under their control is performed with integrity, courtesy and consideration
- Not incur personal gain through abuse of their personal position
- Work within the framework of the law at all times, particularly relating to the operation of the organisation with which they are connected
- Respect the confidentiality of any information given by customers, employers, staff and suppliers
- Not directly, indirectly or unfairly injure the reputation of another member
- Encourage staff under their control to raise their educational standards and skill through training and development (CPD).
If you have any queries about the IMI's Code of Conduct please contact the Professional Development Team on 01992 511521.